Most mornings of the week I'll make my parents breakfast (number one daughter award wha whaaat), and this is my go-to porridge that I create for them. The first time I made this, mum proclaimed it one of, if not the, best porridge she'd ever had. Maybe a slightly big claim, but I was pretty happy with that reaction!


What you need:
(serves two!)

1 cup of oats
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ripe banana, chopped into pieces
Pinch of salt
2 big teaspoons of honey (or your liquid sweetener of choice! Or you can omit if you don't have much of a sweet tooth)

Toppings:
(these are just the toppings that we usually have on hand in our house, but feel free to use whatever you fancy)

Frozen mixed berries, defrosted (pop them in the microwave for about 90-120 seconds)
Banana
Buckwheat
Coconut flakes
Granola of your choice - I used @mywholesomekitchen coconut crunch granola in the picture above


What you need to do:

In a small saucepan, cover the oats in water (not too much! You want them with maybe a centimetre of water above them). I often leave the oats to soak in the water for half an hour which makes a noticeable difference on their creaminess.
Add the salt and the banana, turn your stove on, and get cookin'! Once the oats look like they're starting to heat up, add the chia seeds, salt and cinnamon, and mix in well.
Keep stirring regularly until your porridge is looking thick and creamy. Turn off the stove, stir in the honey, and transfer to bowls. Top with all the good stuff, and enjoy.