I don't know about you guys, but I go through huuuge food phases where all I want to eat is a particular variation or combination of certain foods for days, weeks, occasionally months. So on the note of food phases and being a creature of habit and sticking to particular flavour combinations, this winter porridge is my favourite right now. If I wake up in the morning wanting porridge for breakfast my thought train is generally something like "porridge sounds good" "banana cinnamon porridge with raspberries sounds good" "maybe I should try a different flavour combo?" "don't be ridiculous". So here you have it.

What you need:

3/4 of a cup of rolled oats (preferably organic, because I find the flavour and quality so much better)
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 ripe banana, chopped
A splash of almond or coconut milk

1/2 or more of frozen raspberries, thawed
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of coconut sugar (optional)

Other possible toppings include raw buckwheat, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, fresh banana, strawberries etc

What you need to do:

If possible, soak the oats beforehand. Overnight is ideal, but I find even 15-20 minutes makes a difference. In a small saucepan, combine the oats, cinnamon and banana, and add enough water to cover the oats. Heat it all up, stirring constantly (I find this really helps with the creamy factor). Once the liquid has all absorbed and the oats are nice and cooked, stir through a nice big splash of almond/coconut milk, and remove from heat. Top with the raspberries, maple syrup, coconut sugar and whatever other toppings your heart desires.